Binding Authority Manager
To take responsibility for all aspects of the companies and its group subsidiaries and sponsored companies’ binding authorities This will include the provision of technical support and guidance to the business units and connected companies.
The role will also involve assisting in the general development of Technical documentation and processes and ensuring risks and documentation conforms to regulatory requirements including FCA and Lloyd’s.
- The overall supervision of the Company’s, Group subsidiaries and sponsored companies’ binding authorities.
- The production of new and renewal binding authority slips, certificates and associated documentation for the company and its connected companies.
- The production and processing of binding authority and certificate endorsements.
- Assisting producers and account handlers when required in the preparation of new, mid-term changes and renewal documentation.
- To ensure compliance with FCA and Lloyd’s rules and regulations at all times.
- To keep abreast of changes with regard to compliance, FCA, international and Lloyd’s rules and regulations.
- To assist with the resolution of technical queries, liaising with producers/clients/bureaux as required.
- The provision of statistical information on the performance of binding authorities.
- To ensure BARS, Atlas and Lineage records are updated.
- To ensure computer records are correctly maintained and completed.
- To provide technical training for new staff and on-going training and support for existing staff as required.
- Liaising and negotiating with Underwriters and clients as required.
- To assist with internal and external binding authority reviews as required.
- General technical queries as and when required.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to manage the workload and respond to changing priorities.
- Well developed administrative and organisation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to build and maintain professional relationships.
- Mathematical, grammatical and spelling ability.
- Computer literacy (in particular Microsoft Word/Excel) to an intermediate level.
Knowledge and experience:
- Familiarity with BARS, Atlas and Crystal, XIS processes including A&S.
- Knowledge of the London Market.
- Experience of dealing with Lloyd’s Delegated Authorities Team.
- Knowledge of relevant Lloyd’s and international regulatory requirements.
- Relevant experience within the insurance broking Market and ideally in Accident & Health and/or Travel.
- Proven understanding and knowledge of insurance and reinsurance technical processing.
- Familiarity with the different types of bordereaux and associated requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with SSP Sector and/or GPM IBS computer systems would be advantageous.