Small accountancy practice seeking an experienced payroll administrator to handle the payroll process from end to end. This is an extremely busy position, handling around 150 company payrolls each month. Role involves communication with high end clients, both verbally and by email, so excellent communication skills are essential. Being a small business, versatility and flexibility is required as you may be asked to do a range of other tasks. Candidates must have at least 2 year’s payroll experience and be competent with current and forthcoming payroll legislation. Immediate start available.
We are a small, friendly accountancy practice specialising in providing limited company and umbrella solutions to the contractor market.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the candidate will be responsible for the day to day processing of our clients’ payrolls. Payruns are run weekly with occasional additional runs. Knowledge of Accord payroll and IR35 would be advantage, but full training will be given.
- Processing variable payroll
- Processing starters, leavers etc.
- Processing statutory payments
- RTI submissions
- Year-end processing
- Liaise with clients on payroll related queries
- At least 2 years’ experience of end to end payroll, preferably with an accountant or payroll bureau
- Current knowledge of HMRC legislation & PAYE matters
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail & working to strict deadlines
- Problem solving ability, analytical and numeracy skills
- Excellent communication and administration skills
- Highly IT competent
- Be able to manage your own work load