Junior Quantity Surveyor
Role: Junior Quantity Surveyor
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Full Time
Atlas Employment have a great opportunity open for a Graduate/Junior Quantity Surveyor based within Oxfordshire. Working for a leading of Construction company, you will ideally have a degree in Quantity Surveying or have previous skills and experience within this sector. This is a great opportunity to work very closely with a Partner with a Senior member of the team to guide you to becoming a competent QS.
- Estimating and Cost Planning for various projects within the local area.
- Site visits and meetings with clients, design team members and builders.
- Advising on forms of building contracts for main contractors and sub-contractors
- Dealing with contractual matters throughout the course of a building project.
- Receiving and checking tenders; providing tender reports and recommendations on the most appropriate builder.
- Filling in contracts for signature.
- Post contract duties including interim valuations, re-measurement, cost reporting and final account work.
- Dealing with professional fees and compiling total project costs.
- Preparing Bills of Quantities (NRM2 format) and other forms of tender documents such as Quantified Schedules of Work.
- Ability to work independently, aiming to exceed expectations
- Chartered or working towards achieving chartered status
- Pre and post contract experience desirable
- Team player capable of a flexible approach
- Energetic & self-motivated
- Strong IT capabilities including working experience of Microsoft Office
- RICS qualified/part qualified (Desirable)
If you think you may be a suitable candidate for this, please contact Howard Hawkins at Atlas Employment.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.