A great position as arisen for an experienced payroll administrator for a large national organisational based in Reading. Working in a large finance team you will be responsible for the full end to end payroll administration process. This includes processing weekly and monthly payrolls, new starters, leavers and deductions, as well as adhoc responsibilities.
The successful applicant must have proven payroll experience, sound knowledge of payroll legislation and guidelines, strong communication and organisational skills and an eye for detail. The role would suit an experienced payroll administrator seeking career progression.
Duties will include:
- Administering the payroll across the business
- Learning and applying PAYE regulations and company rules on calculating and entering company sick pay, Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Paternity Pay, etc.
- Processing information received from stores and from HM Revenue and Customs, etc.
- Calculating and administering holiday pay entitlement.
- Administering pension deductions.
- Assisting with detailed payroll checking procedures to ensure accurate payrolls.
- Dealing with correspondence enquiries from HM Revenue and Customs, Benefits Agency offices, councils, etc.
- Maintaining records as specified by HM Revenue and Customs, Benefits Agency and auditors.
- Calculating manual payments and repayments where required.
- Writing and producing reports.
- Carrying out tasks using MS Excel and Word.
- Ad-hoc administration tasks such as filing and post-sorting.
- Assisting in the production of payslips and P45s on a four-weekly basis.
- Other duties as required.
- Payroll processing experience essential
- 5 or more GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent),
- Accurate and flexible approach
- Excellent eye for detail