High-End TV HETV Skills Manager
Our client leads the UK creative industries skills and talent drive, improving productivity, innovation and competitiveness to achieve a world beating UK creative industries sector.
The role will foster relationships with production companies in collaboration with the client. Post holder will be responsible for assessing applications to the funds and working with training providers to ensure fit for purpose and high quality training is delivered. You will be working closely with the HETV Lead to ensure the strategy and delivery is on track and meets industry need. The role will provide line management to the HETV Coordinator as well as working alongside the wider skills teams to ensure a joined up collaborative approach to support the industry.
The role is Fixed Term Contract until 31 March 2018 with opportunity for contract extension. Paying £35,000 - £40,000 per annum.
- Work with the HETV lead to ensure the strategic plan remains fit for purpose and to help craft the content of the programs
- Manage day-to-day relationships with training providers and grant recipients across the identified skills programs
- Proactively engage with external stakeholders to forecast trainee requirements
- Provide written assessments for all HETV training applications received and make informed recommendations
- Work with trainers to ensure all training is outcome focused and put in place systems to monitor outcomes and successes long term
- Attend relevant industry events and deputise for the HETV Lead when needed
- Working collaboratively across all TV and Film skills teams to share industry intelligence, and encourage collaboration where possible on training provision
- Provide regular progress reports in relation to the HETV fund
- Ensure paperwork and applications for all relevant skills projects are fit for purpose
Key experience and abilities:
- Extensive project management experience with the ability to execute and implement projects with minimal guidance
- Experience and knowledge of the TV industry and production needs and timescales
- Ability to develop and maintain partnership and relationship
- Outstanding communication, organizational, planning and execution skills
- Effective positive human relations skills including tact, diplomacy, and ability to work with all levels of staff and leadership
- Ideally experience in a skills related role
To apply please send your CV with a brief covering statement of how your skills and experience match the above requirements.
Step Ahead is acting as an Employment Agency
Step Ahead is committed to preventing discrimination in its recruitment practices by stimulating genuine equality of opportunity. This means that everyone is treated solely on the basis of competence and merit, regardless of age, gender, marital status, sexuality, ethnic, racial, religious or disability considerations, and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.