An experienced Category Manager with a background with public sector procurement and EU procurement law is required for this permanent role based in Coventry. Reporting into the Procurement Manger you will lead on the development of procurement plans an strategies as well as manage full end to end tenders for a range of goods and services categories.
Duties of the role will include:
- Manage and develop procurement strategies for a dedicated portfolio of spend areas
- Develop contract specifications, lead contract management and tendering activities
- Develop supplier management strategies
- Understand customer needs and develop sourcing strategies
- Ensure EU contract law and public sector procurement regulations are followed
- Analyse category spends and develop cost saving initiatives
You will be a hands on procurement professional who is able to manage multiple projects at once and work on your own initiative. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and also be able to manage stakeholders. Experience within public sector procurement is essential for the role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81401123