Catering Manager - kettering
£24,000 a year
Job Title: Catering Outlets Manager - £24,000
Specialist Areas: Environmental Health
Number of Positions: 1
Responsible to: Operations Director
Staff Management Responsibility: All Seasonal Catering Staff.
Overall Job Objective:
1) To manage, in accordance with agreed operating procedures and budgets, a high quality catering outlets operation with well trained and motivated staff able to give consistently high levels of excellent customer care.
2) To manage in accordance with agreed operating procedures and budgets and to maintain high standards of food productivity from all catering areas throughout the year.
3) To take responsibility for a designated specialist area (Environmental Health) and to ensure all areas of the Park are compliant with relevant documentation.
- To train or ensure training has been carried out for all relevant staff in accordance with Company procedures to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation (HACCP) and maintain all associated records.
- In conjunction with the Operations Director, train or ensure training has been carried out for all relevant staff in accordance with Company procedures to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation (COSHH) and maintain all associated records.
- To meet or exceed agreed budget requirements where appropriate.
- To perform spot-check audits on all catering, to ensure correct storage, stock rotation and stock-holding levels.
- To escort representatives of Environmental Health around the Park as necessary, with the overall aim of improving the overall EHO grading for each outlet and catering area.
- To compile and agree staff rotas in line with agreed targets.
- To ensure that all staff wear the full correct uniform and name badge when on duty, and are clean and presentable at all times.
- To source and discuss new revenue streams which will increase profit, where possible, in line with your area of operation.
- Maintain high standards of customer service and product display at all times, in accordance with Company policy.
- Monitor standards and produce & display daily reports.
- Ensure that staff assessments, where appropriate, are carried out regularly as required.
- Ensure accuracy of all cash procedures and audits, and be responsible for the security of staff, property and stock.
- Ensure all relevant staff has signed the cash declaration sheet before starting work and liaise with Park Security where appropriate.
- Ensure good working relationships with the Guest Services office.
- Ensure there is a seasonal representative for all relevant Company meetings (Health & Safety, Employee Forum etc)
- To develop the catering offering across the park and to ensure that high standards are maintained throughout all catering areas.
- In conjunction with the parks Finance Director, source suppliers, products and negotiate contracts and prices.
- To menu plan and budget pricing for all of the Catering Outlets.
- To ensure that all units are stocked and prepped for the days operation.
- Any other task as commensurate with the post as directed by management.
Specialist Area: Environmental Health
- To aim to improve the overall EHO grading of all catering across the site.
- In conjunction with other Managers, plan and deliver training and development programmes to staff and maintain all associated records.
- To perform spot-check audits on all catering and to ensure correct storage, stock rotation and stock-holding levels.
- To escort representatives of Environmental Health around the Park as necessary.
- To ensure that all Food Safety Agency (FSA) and Environmental Health legislation is kept up to date and reviewed regularly to comply with the law and the company's food safety policy.
- Strong attention to food & product display at food outlets.
- Close working relationships with the Managing Director, Operations Director, Finance Director, Pavilion Manager, Chefs, Supervisors, and the HR department are essential plus all other Managers.
Hours of Duty:
The minimum hours are 40 per week, because of the nature of the post a clearly defined schedule of hours cannot be given and it is expected that the post holder's hours will be agreed with the Operations Director.
Overtime is not normally paid; however some time off in lieu may be taken under previously agreed circumstances. It is a requirement of the post to work Bank and Statutory holidays.
This is a "hands on" operational role, not a Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm job. Late evening and /or weekend working will be the norm.
- Smart appearance and ability to act as a good ambassador to Wicksteed Park Ltd at all times.
- To wear the company uniform and name badge at all times when on duty.
- Ability to work unsupervised to a tight schedule.
- Cleanliness, attention to detail and accuracy are paramount in this job role and must be upheld at all times.
- A willingness to work flexibly and to continuously improve skills and competences.
- Strong attention to food product display at food outlets.
Qualifications - Essential
Level 4 Food Safety Management Qualification or equivalent.