Maintenance Engineer / Fitter
We have a number of permanent opportunities based in Swindon for Maintenance Engineers. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a well established and growing business who can provide training and support for the right candidates.
- Production support within a manufacturing environment
- Maintaining the efficiency and performance of all mechanical and electrical production equipment
- Working independently and as part of a team to achieve department objectives
- Understanding and troubleshooting of complex mechanical and electrical systems
- Working in high pressure situations and to tight deadlines
Highly Desirable Experience
- IEE regulations knowledge
- PLC fault finding/diagnostics (Allen Bradley/Device Net)
- Experience of pneumatic and hydraulic circuits/systems
- Machining skills
- Excellent workshop equipment experience
- Experience of working to tight project schedules with a focus on continuous improvement
If possessed, the following skills would be a distinct advantage:
- Time served as an apprentice in a mechanical/electrical engineering background or significant experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering background within an automated production environment.
- A solid working knowledge of robot systems and CNC controls (Motoman/Panasonic)
- 17th Edition IEE Regulations
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What We’re Looking For
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A flexible, dynamic & self-disciplined personality
- Strong team working skills
- A highly motivated and committed individual, with drive and enthusiasm
Hours 39 per week covering shifts or working on fixed night 22:00-06:00.
Shifts 0600-1400, 1400-2200, 2200-0600
Salary competive and shift allowance is paid in addition.