Head of Marketing and Communications
Head of Marketing and Communications
Salary: £40k per annum
Founded in 1986, our client's organisation is the trade association for all those working in the field of design, supporting them and championing the transformative power of design. Their membership consists of 450 design consultancies and design-driven businesses, including many of the brightest and most respected names. They work to build universal confidence in design investment and promote the power of effective design. The bridge between design and business, they are committed to promoting the use of design at a strategic level to solve business and societal problems.
A key part of the company's role is to represent the design industry in the wider world - in particular, in its dealings with government and the media. Whatever the issue, it's their job to ensure that their members' collective voice is heard.
Working in an exciting and dynamic industry, with inspiring and market-leading design professionals, your job will be to correctly position and promote the organisation and its activities as they champion and support the industry and work continuously towards their corporate vision.
You will devise, lead and develop the organisation's full marketing and communications strategies, delivering the right campaigns and activities - driving member acquisition, retention and brand awareness. This is an autonomous yet collaborative role, reporting into and working closely with the Strategy and Communications Director to ensure your work directly cascades through, and is informed by, the full operational team (membership and programmes).
They are looking for a confident, driven and dynamic marketing and communications professional with an entrepreneurial mindset, capable of seeing both the big picture and paying close and consistent attention to end-to-end delivery.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver the organisation's marketing strategy, starting from scratch to develop and oversee data-driven market research and customer relationship management processes which directly inform their corporate strategy and its products and services.
- Develop and deliver an integrated and comprehensive communications strategy, working creatively with small budgets and engaging audiences across online and offline platforms.
- Develop clear metrics and analytics to ensure clear ROI across all of their marketing communications outputs and channels.
- Work closely with the Head of Services to align marketing and communications activity with the new member pipeline and lead generation activity.
- Work closely with the Head of Programmes to drive member and non-member sales across their events, training, awards and leadership programmes.
- Lead the design and development of the organisation's digital and offline presence in order to promote content and bolster member recruitment and retention.
Develop and lead proactive PR campaigns around the organisation and its member activity which contribute to their positioning and support their corporate mission.
- Continual analysis and reporting of industry trends, stakeholder activity and other market forces, in order to inform and develop of the organisation's corporate strategies.
- Lead the marketing and communications team across day to day activities and personal development and growth, ensuring objectives and work targets are being met.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Strategy and Communications Director across the organisation's external affairs work.
Skills and expertise needed:
- Solid and demonstrable experience of creating, leading and implementing marketing and communications strategies.
- Experience of managing budgets and taking a data-based methodology to the effectiveness and ROI of activity.
- Proven ability to design and deliver successful multi-channel customer acquisition campaigns.
- Creative, with a flair for the written word and a keen eye for the visual aesthetic.
- Experience of implementing new systems, processes and technologies to support key marketing and communications activity.
- Experience of leading and developing multi-channel customer relationship management initiatives.
- Preferable experience of working in a membership organisation.
Closing date: 5pm 7th April 2017
Please submit a CV and cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the post.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.