Financial Administrator & Operations Assistant - 6 month contract
Adele Carr Financial Recruitment is a specialist Accountancy Recruiter to the North West Market.
Financial Administrator & Operations Assistant
£18000 - £20000
My client, a leading and award winning international commercial law firm with offices in Liverpool and other various locations world wide is looking to recruit on a 6 month fixed term contract basis an experienced Financial Administrator & Operations Assistant to join their team.
Scope of the role:
To aid the running of the finance operations and related administration for the division and maintain client relations.
The role is regulated in accordance with Law Society and Solicitors Accounts Rules and other legislation that may be in force from time to time.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Reconciliation of client accounts via on-line banking system every morning (must be performed as part of the SAR rules)
- Monitoring Imprest Account balances including currency accounts on a daily basis to ensure adequate funds are available at all times
- Production of Imprest Account cheques for all clients on a daily basis including arrangement of BACS, TTs’ & euro payments via the online banking system.
- Producing relevant documentation and liaising with clients to acquire fund top ups when required
- Book-keeping, transaction processing and dealing with all payments eceipts and cancellations in an appropriate manner and in accordance with internal procedures.
- Obtaining appropriate authorisation in accordance with internal mandate procedures between relevant sites.
- Carrying out month end bank account reconciliations, thereafter producing original documents for sign off and subsequent distribution to all clients
- Filing, storing and clerical and administration duties on a daily basis
- Provide assistance in the month end financial reconciliation and reporting process via email to clients within agreed SLA
- Maintaining the HDCS Reporting schedule and a current list of all client contacts
- Maintaining adequate security of cheque books and account related data.
- Assistance with client and service audits and to maintain records and documentation in accordance with procedures and client protocols.
- Dealing with general enquiries and to liaise with legal and other support sections as appropriate.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Must have excellent telephone, communication and keyboard skills
- Be able to operate in a busy environment
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain excellent client working relationships
- Must work to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility in approach and a willingness to work outside normal office hours, if required
All successful candidates will be subject to the company standard pre-employment screening, including a basic criminal record check via Disclosure Scotland. Any offer of employment made is conditional upon completion of all checks.
For further information on this or any of our vacancies, please call the Liverpool office today for a confidential discussion or alternatively forward your CV and cover letter.
Due to the high level of interest we receive for each of our roles we cannot guarantee a response to each individual application. Therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have unfortunately not been short-listed for this role.
Please do continue to check our website for other roles which may be of interest to you and follow us on @AdeleCarrFinRec