Royal London Group
Finance Assistant - Wilmslow (12 Month Contract)
Salary c. £20,000 - £25,000 + Excellent Benefits
Benefits - Bonus, 28 days holiday + stats, contributory pension
A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and investment company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,106 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of £93.8 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
We have an exciting 12 Month Fixed Term Contract opportunity for a Finance Assistant (Trainee Accountant) to join the Finance Operations & Reporting team within the Group Finance function Wilmslow.
The main purpose is to provide the Scottish Provident accounting team with day to day accounting and project finance support.
This role will offer fantastic exposure to working as part of a successful Group Finance function.
- Proactively support the Scottish Provident Financial Reporting Accountant
- Progress mailbox queries responding to originator
- Ensuring outstanding items are cleared within set timescales
- Investigating data to resolve queries
- Interrogate systems for information
- Understanding ledger balances - investigating anomalies, discussing with interested parties and posting corrections as appropriate
- Undertaking basic accounting tasks which contribute to fund accounts
- Progress the reassurance process
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
The successful candidates will already possess experience working as a finance assistant / assistant accountant with a sound understanding of accounting processes, procedures & credits / debits.
- Strong understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Ability to investigate and analyse complex reconciliations
- Ability to understand and interrogate system and data sources
- Experience of using a Finance Ledger System
- Ability to work as part of a team collaborating to achieve team requirements
- Ability to adapt to a changing working environment
- Strong communication skills - written & verbal
- Advanced excel skills required
- Embrace empowerment to work proactively
This is an excellent opportunity to build on existing experience in a diverse role within a forward thinking business.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact /