Accountant, 45-55k, Marketing, London
A global marketing services company requires an Accountant to join their growing team. Based in their London headquarters, this provides a fantastic opportunity to grow within the company and grow your career and skill set itself.
Role Responsibilities -
- General accounting and month-end activities - balance sheet account reconciliations, inter-company reconciliation of accounts, prepayments, accruals, and recurring month-end journal entries.
- Monitor procedures and make suggestions to improve processes, increase efficiency's and reduce cost.
- Maintain SOX compliance policies and assist with audits as required.
- Oversee all aspects of UK AR transactional processes including client maintenance, credit checks, billing, weekly Aged Debt analysis, cash collection and allocation.
- Oversee all aspects of UK AP transactional process including fully matched Purchase Order routine and Invoice processing to payment.
- Oversee daily banking activities via internet; monitor weekly cashflow forecasts and liaise with our local banking provider as required.
- Oversee analysis of UK associate expenses; liaise with associates at all levels through approval process and posting to general ledger.
- Complete quarterly VAT return and EC Sales List - preparing monthly reconciliation of Input and Output Tax entries.
- Project work will be required on an ad-hoc basis.
Candidate Requirements -
- ACCA or ACA qualified (or equivalent)
- Previous managerial experience is desired
- Advanced Excel skills