Senior Claims Handler
Our award winning client is currently recruiting for a Senior Claims Handler to join their expanding team!
Based from our clients office in Reading, you will be responsible for the day to day management of a claims portfolio. The Senior Technician settles compensation claims in a professional, methodical, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Review and respond where necessary to all claims correspondence received relating to files (letters, emails, faxes and telephone messages) to ensure that all tasks are actioned in a timely fashion and within specific authority limits.
- Ensure an accurate reserve is held against the claim in accordance with the reserving policy.
- Accountable for maintaining own caseload, dealing competently with all heads of claim.
- Produce all cheques in accordance with your cheque authority limit whilst ensuring that the cheque requisition process is adhered to.
- Ensure that all liability decisions are made using all available information and evidence. Obtain any available evidence i.e. witness statements / locus reports / police reports.
- Ensure that all relevant cases are highlighted to the large loss panel in good time and updated as and when appropriate.
- Notify insurers of any serious incidents in accordance with their reporting criteria.
- Ensure that the diary system is used appropriately and consistently.
- Be vigilant at all times, ensuring that all potentially fraudulent claims are detected at the earliest possible stages.
- Ensure that all third party total loss claims are entered into M.I.A.F.T.R. (Motor Insurance Anti Fraud and Theft Register).
- Undertake proper checks on all claims files before authorising payments to ensure the cheques are appropriate and correct.
- Ensure all claims are dealt with in accordance with the current legal process/guidelines.
- Keep up to date with legal updates and legislative changes.
- Experience working in a high volume motor/casualty claims handling environment is preferred.
- Team player but works well on own initiative
- Assimilates information quickly, not afraid to ask questions.
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Intuitive problem solver
- Demonstrable ability to listen, empathise and engage with internal and external customers
- Excellent telephone manner.
- IT Literate
- Relevant professional qualification preferred but not essential
Attractive basic salary with excellent benefits!