Content Marketing Manager
Our client is a trusted payday loan alternative, a firm that provides responsible credit solutions to the underserved. They are a start-up business with an exciting future so expect to have heaps of autonomy, input and creativity.
Based in rather nifty offices in Southwark, London, they need a savvy, data - intellectual, creative journalist with a journalist / communications or PR background who can will be responsible for developing the content approach across their two brands, writing and producing various types of downloadable content and blogging regularly, to expand the company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Undertake content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads to deliver sales and customer retention.
- Develop content marketing strategies and set short-term tactical goal driven programmes to achieve business targets
- Collaborates across functions to deliver effective content marketing to meet business objectives within budget. Work with the design, Product and UX teams, external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant, quality content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our customer audience
- Deliver engaging content on a regular basis - Create at least 2 free resources (examples include ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, templates, etc.) each month to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics
- Blog on an ongoing basis to support and promote our product proposition and to attract site visitors through search, social media, and email subscribers.
- Grow our customer engagement and retention by providing regular, helpful content that’s aligned with their needs and interests.
- Edit, proofread and improve content
- Gather customer feedback and generate ideas to increase customer engagement
- Editorial requirements include SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
- Integration of content programs with brand campaigns to drive brand to demand.
- A writing / journalism background is preferable
- BA / BSc degree in Marketing, Journalism or relevant field
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- A dual-minded approach: - highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- Experience building audiences either online or offline.
- Experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Understanding of web publishing requirements. Proficiency in MS Office, WordPress and other Content Management Software
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and InDesign).
- Editorial mindset with an ability to predict audience preferences
- Hands on experience with SEO and web traffic metrics (good working knowledge of Google Analytics)
- Expertise in social media platforms
- Project management skills and excellent attention to detail
Salary depends on experience but is c. 35 - 45K
Our final shortlist will need to be complete by 22nd March and interviews will take place week commencing 27th March. Unfortunately due to the predicted levels of interest in this role, only successful candidates will be contacted.