£14,585 per annum
Out client supports children, young people and adults who have learning disabilities, physical disabilities, sensory impairments and complex health needs. CSS provides a range of services and support including;
- Activities, social groups, short breaks and events,
- Supporting people to access and participate in voluntary work,
- Supporting people to live as independently as possible, to participate fully as a member of the community and to live their life as they wish.
They are looking for Support Workers to provide a range of support across CSS. This exciting and varied role will include 1:1 support to assist the people we support during their everyday life, including support within their own home, out and about in the community and to enable them to take part in activities of their choice. There will also be opportunities to provide group support at the range of activities, social groups, short breaks and events that our service delivers.
They supports people using a Person Centred Active Support approach. Active support means that instead of doing things for people or to people, you are enabling people to engage in all the activities of everyday life, no matter how disabled they are. This will increase inclusion, independence, choice and control.
As a Support Worker you will have the following knowledge skills and attributes:
- Highly motivated and passionate about supporting people with a variety of disabilities
- Able to work alone or as part of a team
- Willing and able to work days, nights, evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Basic understanding of Health and Social Care regulatory bodies
- An Understanding of working with people disadvantaged through illness and disability
- Level 2 diploma in Health and Social Care, or equivalent, or be willing to work towards
- A knowledge of the local area
- Numeracy and literacy
- Communication skills
- IT Skills
- Full clean UK driving licence (essential)
Support Worker Benefits:
- Full induction process and dedicated manager to support you
- Outstanding training and development opportunities (including specialisation in your interest area)
- Career progression
- Opportunities to gain recognised qualifications such as the diploma in Health and Social Care
- Pension plan and childcare vouchers
If you feel you are the right person for their Support Worker position, please apply now.
Support Worker, Care Assistant, Care Worker, Social Care, Social Services.