Accounts Assistant | £22,000 | Edinburgh
Change Recruitment Group are delighted to be working in partnership with one of our key clients, a leading Edinburgh based SME, who are currently looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their established team. This newly created opening is due to organic growth of the business.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about working in a fast paced and dynamic finance function where you will be working to deadlines and continually adding value to the process.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and have previous experience in the following;
· Maintaining all aspects of the purchase ledger
· Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts for the Finance Manager
· Assist in preparing draft year end accounts
· Responsible for posting prepayments and accruals
· Prepare weekly & monthly bank reconciliations
· Process invoices to the accounting system on a daily basis to ensure up to date information is available at all times
· Ensure regular supplier payment runs are made on time
· Prepare and reconcile monthly creditors
· Prepare and reconcile various general ledger accounts
· Involvement in maintaining and developing sound accounting systems
Our client is looking for the successful individual to be competent in each of the above key areas. In addition, we are looking for someone who will come with a hands on approach who enjoys working in a time critical environment.
The team that you will be joining is a very close knit team and it is therefore paramount that the successful individual comes with a positive 'team player’ mind-set and approach. Those coming from a similar sized SME background would also be of particular interest to our client, given the hands on, nature of the role.