Residential Care Worker / Support Worker
Southern Adolescent Care Services provides residential accommodation for vulnerable children with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
This role would involve providing a focussed service to the young people to help them achieve their identified outcomes in line with their care plan. A motivated and positive approach will be required.
Responsibilities will include providing a high quality service of care and support according to individual needs and wishes, providing appropriate role modelling, maintaining good working relationships with young people and colleagues, maintaining a healthy and welcoming home environment which could include cooking, cleaning, activities, etc, and working pro-actively as part of the team.
Experience is not essential though a basic level of English and Maths is required as accurate recording will be required as part of the role.
The shifts for this position are based on a rolling pattern to provide regularity.
You will need to be reliable, communicative and adaptable with a desire to work with young people in care. This position involves training and sponsorship to gain a QCF Level 3. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcome applications from all who meet the minimum criteria. We are committed to safeguarding and to the welfare of the child. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be paid for by the company as part of the recruitment vetting process.
- Stable position with regular salary plus option to earn overtime pay
- Excellent training package including your hours paid
- Sponsorship to gain qualification
- Opportunity for career development
- Holiday entitlement of 5.6 weeks plus a long service bonus after 4 years
- Appraisal bonus payment scheme
- Company pension scheme
- ABC Recognition & Reward programme
- Lunch / dinner provided when on shift
- Opportunity to go on annual holiday with young people