Editorial Assistant / Content Editor
Editorial Assistant / Content Editor (Project Editor)
Circa £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
This role would suit an Assistant/Associate/Development Editor looking for their next career move. Digital publishing experience is desirable but not essential.
The IET are seeking a confident and organised Project Editor to join our digital learning and development team and ensure that content for the IET Learning Academy is published on time and to budget.
The successful candidate will have fantastic project management and communication skills and be comfortable presenting to internal and external stakeholders such as authors and suppliers. You will have experience in academic publishing contexts with a strong editorial and publishing background. Experience in digital editorial and publishing would be advantageous.
As the Project Editor you will join a hardworking, close-knit and friendly team who are all working towards the same goal!
Main Duties and Responsibilities (summary)
- managing the manuscript review process with the IET Learning Academy Advisory Board, including collation of feedback received
- Supporting all activities leading to publication of material, including:
- managing the copyediting and proof reading process
- requesting permissions for both text and illustrative material
- briefing illustrations and ensuring technical illustrative specifications are met
Digital support for the IET Learning Academy, including:
- inputting content into the Learning Management Content System
- ensuring the UX is of the highest standard via quality assurance review
- Publishing content via the Learning Management System in a timely manner
- tagging content to ensure better user experience and more 'intelligent’ content
Providing administrative support, including:
- managing and filing author, contributor and supplier contracts
- managing author/freelancer payment details and processing invoices on Agresso
- meticulous attention to detail in the presentation and delivery of work and of written English
- excellent IT abilities and experience with MS office
- hard worker, dedicated and eager to learn
- strong organizational skills and ability to manage busy workload
- an ability to engage and work with high profile content partners and other stakeholders
- able to work productively on their own initiative - must be self-motivated
- an excellent communicator with strong presentational skills
- experience with developing content via a Learning Management System
- proofreading and copy editing experience
- Comparable industry experience liaising with representatives from industry and academic institutions
- First Degree level of education