Business Intelligence Assistant - Award-winning Technology - London
Our client is an award winning advertising technology company that is using data to both find new customers for brands like Nike, Diesel, Virgin Media, British Airways and Marriott Hotels and to show those new customers a personalised ad message. They offer this technology and service to a range of global agencies and clients. Our client is listed as one of Wired Magazine’s top start-ups to watch and The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 fastest growing businesses.
This is a 3 month paid internship. Salary: £21,600 pro rata.
How you can expect to spend your day?
We are looking for a highly-motivated Business Intelligence Intern to support commercial and marketing teams with data insights. You will have a strong interest in data analysis, visualisation and developing insights.
The Business Intelligence intern will sit between the business and technology groups. Our business is built on a strongly quantitative culture, and you will get exposure to setting the commercial agenda and driving marketing and sales decisions across the organization. You’ll be given access to one of the largest digital advertising datasets in the UK, and the tools to exploit it.
Day-to-day activities will include:
- Utilising the data gateway to access large data sets on advertising campaign performance, audience and location data.
- Access the data from the gateway, from where you will work with the support of a manager to define the scope of the data analysis for a series of projects, pull the data, visualise it and come up with some key findings and insights.
- You will support the commercial teams on their daily requests for data insights for specific advertisers.
- This might include:
- Advertiser specific audience insights
- Advertising performance related findings
- Seasonal trends
- Key media and marketing event trends (Oscars, Fathers’ day, Black Friday etc.)
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
- You will ideally hold a degree or higher in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or quant economics
- You have previous experience of problem solving end to end, in autonomy
- You are versatile, self-driven, detail-oriented and hands-on
- You preferably have some experience using SQL
- You preferably have some experience using a business intelligence tool like Tableau/PowerBI
- You have good analytical skills
- You have strong communication skills
- You have a demonstrated interest in internet and marketing technology; you’ll probably have used databases or have some programming experience
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- This is an amazing opportunity to intern in one of the UK’s fastest growing advertising technology companies. We value collaboration, passion and innovation in all our employees.
- Social events including planned events, after work events, company initiatives, industry events
- Free breakfast, drinks and snacks through the work day
- Location: We are based in Shoreditch, so there are endless restaurants and bars to try!
- Private health insurance
- Company option scheme
- Unlimited leave scheme
- Cycle-to-work Scheme
- Inspiration and cause-related fund and days