We are looking to recruit a Cover Supervisor to work in our "Outstanding School."
Skipton Girls’ High School is an 11 - 18 all girls’ grammar school with approximately 810 students, established is 1886. In April 2011, we gained Academy Status, which allowed us to become co-founder of Northern Star Academies Trust (NSAT). NSAT is a growing multi-academy trust in the North of England and champions the learning of students, teachers and all associate staff. We are committed to providing a high quality educational and learning experience for all.
We are regularly among the highest achieving schools in the country. In 2016 we were awarded 100th top achieving UK State School in the Times Parent Power Poll for the second year running and the second highest achieving state school in the North based on combined GCSE and A Level results.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
As Cover Supervisor you will support the Student Progress team to cover a range of responsibilities including:
Covering classes for absent teaching staff
- Supervising classes in the absence of a teacher. The work will be mostly with main school (years 7 - 11) but occasionally Sixth Form. Preparation, marking and reporting will remain the responsibility of the normal teacher.
- Liaising with teaching staff regarding planned work and feedback from lessons.
- Organising students to complete work set by their normal teacher in a manner prescribed by school policies and the staff handbook.
- Monitor attendance as required by School Policy and Procedure.
- Invigilating school examinations at all age levels.
- Supporting the Leadership Team to supervise at lunchtimes. This could include supervision of the dining halls, teaching rooms, corridors and grounds or involving students in activities.
- Supporting individuals or small groups of students. Students needing support will be identified by a member of the Leadership Team. This may be in a response to either educational or social need.
- Accompanying teaching staff when they take groups of students out of school.
- Providing general administrative support to the Student Services and Administration Team.
Evidence of involvement in extra-curricular activities, youth work, voluntary work and educational visits in schools or similar environments is essential as well as evidence of organisation and administration in some form of children’s / office environment. Some teaching experience or time in a classroom environment in a youth centre or similar educational establishment would be desirable as well as an awareness of safeguarding of children.
You will have experience in understanding and committing to supporting students, with the ability to communicate effectively with different audiences both verbally and in writing. An appreciation of ICT, whether for presentation, student administration or tracking performance is essential as well as administration skills which include filing, dealing with phone calls and working / handling confidential data. Desirable skills include an understanding of skills required to work with 11 - 18 year olds and the ability to bring extra-curricular activity or skills to the post.
Personal Qualities & Attributes:
- Personal qualities which make you suitable to work with children and young adults as well as fitting into an administrative team
- Commitment to partnership between school, parents, community, governing body and others who have an interest in the school
- Proven ability to work alone and as a member of a team
- Capacity to manage own work pressure and that of others effectively
- Drive, energy, commitment, proven capacity for hard work and willingness to go the "extra mile"
- Personal "presence" and confidence; warmth and sensitivity; flexibility and maturity of approach; enthusiasm and a sense of humour
Hours of work: 30 hours per week (0.8FTE) - Term time only
Please visit our school website for further information and an application pack. We look forward to receiving your completed application form, which must be accompanied by a supporting letter of no more than one side of A4. Completed applications should be returned to Claire Lee - HR Administrative Assistant.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CV’S WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
CLOSING DATE: THURSDAY 30TH MARCH 2017 (only short listed candidates will be contacted)
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.