Operations Manager - Engineering, manufacturing, construction
We have an exciting new career opportunity for a driven Operations Manager for our specialist manufacturing engineering client based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire to lead, manage, coordinate and improve the operations across the sites. This exciting group operations position would suit an experienced operational management professional with good project management experience/qualifications, excellent people management skills and leadership experience within the engineering, manufacturing, construction or technical production industries or similar. In return there is an excellent salary package (circa £45k-£60k+ dependent on the level of skills and experience and industry) with benefits including a company bonus and contributory pension scheme and a great career opportunity for a motivated operations professional to further progress their career. Apply now!
This is a hands on challenging operational role reporting into the senior management and company directors. This group operations manager will be responsible for maintaining and improving the current procedures, systems and processes and ensuring continuous improvement, excellent levels of customer service and satisfaction and company compliance. This senior operations role would suit a highly organized project manager with strong management and problem solving skills. This is an opportunity not to be missed!
The ideal operations management / project manager candidate will have the following keys skills and experiences:
- Good and proven operations management, group operations, operations supervisor/leader experience within the manufacturing, engineering, construction or technical engineering backgroun
- Good project management skills and project management qualifications such as Prince 2 or other Project management qualifications (proven project management experience is essential, project management qualifications on top are desirable)
- Strong leadership, people management skills and excellent interaction skills
- Previous experience of implementing, maintaining and developing LEAN management, continuous improvement initiatives and processes
- Knowledge of HSQE compliance
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and ability to deliver excellent customer service and communicate points across at all levels
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem solving skills
Project management / operational management experience within the engineering, heavy plant equipment / industrial engineering, construction industries such as plant hire, lifting, construction, crane, lift, industrial plant industries
Experience of commercial building projects / operations management / project management moving sites successfully as this role will require smooth management of the site to new premises locally due to expansion.
Key responsibilities of this senior project manager role include;
- Maintain, enhance, improve operating procedures, processes and systems to ensure continuous improvement
- Coordinate, manage and lead all operational aspects of the company’s business at a high level of quality exceeding customer service satisfaction and company compliance (HSEQ)
- Identify inefficiencies, errors and implement and improve operational efficiencies
- Respond and resolve customer feedback and make recommendations for improvement
- Coordinate and operationally manage the 3 sites and project manage the new site move to bigger premises locally.
A full job description will be discussed and submitted to suitable operations management candidates upon application.
To apply please email your cv with your salary expectations and availability and details of how you meet my clients operations manager / project manager care criteria.