Store Manager - London - (Must be Mandarin or Cantonese speaking)
A leading Oriental Foods Supermarket based in London with plans to expand.
Through your strong Leadership style and working with your store management team, you take every opportunity to optimise your sales & margin and delivering long term profitable sales growth through developing and coaching talent and creating a great customer experience. Ensuring that you meet the needs of your retail and wholesale Customers through a fit for purpose range, superb availability and one to one service. Supported by robust auditable processes you ensure that your store exceeds the expectations of both your customers and your staff and your store is a safe environment to shop and work.
Key responsibilities & behaviours
- Accountable for achieving sales, stock, profit and cost targets including payroll and shrinkage, to deliver bottom line contribution in line with company budgets and targets
- Understand internal performance and take action to maximise store profitability
- Deploy and mobilise teams to maintain consistent basic store standards across the store
- Managing and leading a team while successfully delivering targets and key performance indicators
- Understands and can describe how they or their team contributes to the business objectives, works hard to achieve or exceed targets and objectives set for self and team, allocates resources effectively according to priorities, maintains focus, energy and effort when under pressure
- Commercially aware; understanding the impact that they or their team have on sales, costs, profit, identifies opportunities to improve or enhance commercial results and stays abreast of competitor activity and industry knowledge.
- Proactively managing stock loss and delivering successful stock takes within budget
- Working with the CEO and Senior Management, you establish a fit for purpose marketing strategy that meets the demands of your current customers and actively recruits new customers.
- Demonstrate that you understand your customers better than anyone else. Building one to one relationships with key customers through visits and consultations and maximising the opportunity to gain additional business, and ensuring your store delivers a professional customer service for all customers.
- Deliver an inspirational environment for our customers which is market leading and drives sales opportunities across the store
SAFE & LEGAL
- You will deliver at all times, a professionally presented and legally compliant store which is 'fit for businesses audit compliant and protects assets and where high standards of customer service are of paramount importance.
- You are accountable for the safety and welfare of your customers, employees and visitors at all times whilst they are in the store. You must therefore ensure that all statutory and company regulations regarding Food Safety, Hygiene, Fire, Health and Safety and Store Security are followed in accordance with company procedures, and legal and statutory requirements, demonstrating due diligence in all areas and keeping all documentation up to date at all times.
- You will foster positive business relationships with key stakeholders and work with Head Office teams to establish ways of working that are second to none.
- Ensure that you have the correct processes & procedures in place
- Recruiting, inducting and developing team members by championing Equality and Diversity to ensure employees settle in their position smoothly and effectively
- You deliver a 'fit for purpose’ store structure that ensures that you have the right people in the right place, maximising customer interaction at every opportunity and delivering against store and corporate efficiencies at all levels, taking into account business priorities, productivity models and budgetary constraints.
- Through leading by example you across your store team.
- Adopt a learning and development culture that supports the manpower and succession planning objectives of the store. Ensuring that individuals are encouraged and supported to maximise their capability, through clear and engaging learning and development plans
- Ensure that company procedures are implemented, employees are trained and all reasonable precautions are taken to protect employees.
- Ensure that employee engagement forms part of the fabric of the communication and engagement within the store and underpins all that you do.
- Implement a performance management culture that supportive and engaging. Accelerating those individuals that demonstrate potential and dealing with those individuals who are under performing.
- Measure direct reports’ performance against defined objectives, understand their training needs and define interventions in order to achieve business results
- Uncover and understand direct reports’ aspirations and proactively grow talent
Salary & Benefits
- Salary paying up to £36,000
- 28 days holiday
- 10% staff discount
- Opportunities to progress to Area Management and Head Office