Accountant- Newbury £28,000-£32,000 plus benefits
Our client is an established organisation who seeks to hire an Accountant to take ownership of 2 divisions. One with a budget of £30m and one with a budget of £12m. The role will be broad and work closely with the business, the main responsibilities are:
- To carry out monthly budget monitoring. Including the analysis and investigation of variances and the preparation of reports explaining these in conjunction with service managers. These reports will be discussed at the monthly management meeting held with the service units.
- To prepare annual budgets in conjunction with service budget holders, with full responsibility for input and verification of all budget information for specific service units. This will involve liaison with senior officers to ensure that the budgets are accurate and complete and are prepared on time with detailed supporting working papers to provide an audit trail through the process.
- To prepare final accounts in respect of service areas. This will involve the closure of accounts, including the production of working papers to balance sheet stage. The post holder will also be responsible for the production of year end outturn reports comparing actuals to budget for the service area they support.
- To prepare any other financial information as required by the Senior Accountant, Finance Manager or Service Managers. This will involve the ability to take raw data from a variety of sources to produce meaningful information using advanced spreadsheet techniques.
- To provide advice and guidance to service units on an ad hoc basis resolving queries as they arise. This will involve reviewing and designing new systems and procedures to overcome problem areas.
The role will pay £28,000-£32,000 plus great benefits (28 days holiday, generous pension and flexible working) and study support if required.