Graduate Trainee English Teacher
Graduate Trainee English Teacher - Birmingham
Premier Pathways Paid Teacher Training Vacancy
Premier Pathways is an exciting new teacher training programme for exceptional graduates that is fully paid throughout the 2 years of the programme.
Will you be part of a new generation of outstanding English teachers?
Beginning the programme in a teaching support role at this leading Birmingham secondary you will receive training and support over the 2 years to become a confident, fully qualified teacher of English.
• £15,000 pa training salary
• 2-year school-based teacher training programme
• Gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and a PGCE from the University of Buckinghamshire
• Brand new blended learning programme from the nation’s leading ITE providers
• Dedicated participant support team and in-school mentoring
• Regular peer networking opportunities
• No experience required but any experience of supporting young people is preferred
You will need:
- To have the drive to become a teacher
- To have the commitment to the programme and your pupils
- To be able to self-study
- To be a graduate with a 2:1 or 1st class degree in English Language or Literature as well as good A Levels results
- To be able to create strong working relationships with pupils through approachability and a friendly personality
- To have a passion for literacy, reading and the English language
My client’s school, a medium sized, diverse secondary in Birmingham are looking to appoint a Trainee Graduate to work within their English department. The school requires candidates with exemplary records of academic achievement that will continue to offer the same high standards of education that the parents, students and governors expect from the school.
The head of the English department has a clear ambition for the department, and a desire to continually develop itself as a centre of excellence. This works alongside teaching staff that are able to deliver lessons that stimulate all involved. You will follow the lead of the English teacher and be able to adapt daily to the subject in question.
You will have [R]
- The role in the school [consultant input]
- In-school support
- Peer networking and support from Premier Pathways
Why Premier Pathways over other routes into teaching?
- You are earning all the time
- Constant support from all corners of the network
- Online portfolio tool
- Structured phase system
- A full PGCE at the end of 2 years
- Blended learning