Page Personnel have been exclusively prospected to recruit on behalf of a well-established organisation in search of a Property Accountant based in Birmingham. The role is a 6 month fixed term contract, paying up to £27,000 with other added benefits.
My client is looking for the ideal Property Accountant who will report directly into the Finance Manager in PMA and requires strong property accounting knowledge and understanding of the working of a service charge account and the year-end process. You will take immediate accountability for a portfolio or group of clients and have full responsibility for the database maintenance of all property/tenant details, all client reporting and all service charge reconciliation work for the associated properties.
- To ensure the maintenance of lease details on the database is performed in an precise & timely manner
- Preserve and update property service charge year end and budget information on the database, monitor budget to actual reporting and actively manage shortfalls in the service charge account
- Accountability of budget monitoring of own portfolio and reporting exceptions.
- Carry out quarterly reviews of the Service Charge accounts with surveyor/facilities manager
- Complete year end reviews with surveyors and GVA appointed accountants.
- Deliver monthly financial reporting and take accountability for Client statement updates
- Produce VAT reports including monthly or quarterly reconciliation and settlement of the VAT account
- Report directly to Clients at regular finance/accounts review meetings both on/off-site
- Assume full responsibility and control of the quarterly timetable for own portfolio for all regular charges and liaising with the admin team
- Responsibility of accurate recovery of ad-hoc/one-off lease recharges
- Communicate with utilities team on all issues they may have with the portfolio
- Ensure timely recovery of utility charges and associated reconciliation of the utility recharge account
- Liaise with credit control/supervisor to enable recovery of all charges
- Coordinate with accounts payable on all issues they may have with the portfolio
- Review of all bank account reconciliations for the portfolio and ensuring that the reconciling items are dealt with correctly on a monthly basis
- Liaise with cashiers on all issues they may have with the portfolio
- Arrange all Rental/Insurance receipts to be transferred to clients, proving ad-hoc requests as appropriate
- Assist PMA Helpdesk with all queries they need resolving in a timely manner
- Accountability for weekly/monthly updates to departmental control and compliance reports for the portfolio
- Have a proactive method to risk management.
- Demonstration of accounting skill / ability within a property accounting environment
- Personality to mix and work with a busy team in an accounting division of 100 plus
- Ability to communicate and deliver a quality service and to quickly pick up the QA processes and work under the pressure of high volume and tight deadlines
- £24,000- £27,000
- 25 days holiday
- Private medical cover
- Income protection insurance 50% of base salary
- Season ticket loan
- Option to choose from a range of benefits to suit such as Gymflex, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to work, Dental insurance and more.