Assistant Finance Manager
Job Title: Assistant Finance Manager
Location: Newport (Travel to London when required)
Salary: £32,500 flus 5% flexible benefits
SSCL requires an Assistant Finance Managers to assist the Record to Report Finance Operations Manager by managing and delivering a record to report team and processes to ensure the agreed SLAs and KPIs are achieved. The scope of record to Report accounting team includes budgeting and forecasting, control and bank reconciliations, revenue reporting, master data management and customer contact services.
Assistant Finance Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and schedule own and record to report team work to required timescales and Service levels
- Ensure that agreed processes, standards, timescales/ and Quality Requirements are adhered to.
- Motivate, lead and develop the finance team and encourage communication.
- Act as main contact point and support customers/colleagues to resolve internal/external and escalated finance queries.
- To ensure that all accounting transactions through the team are compliant with IFRS/CIPFA Code of Practice for Local Authorities and client specific accounting instructions.
Collating and where necessary produce/analyse statistical data/reports as required.
- Identifying and implementing service improvements.
Assistant Finance Manager Essential Skills
- Experience of leading teams of qualified and non-qualified finance staff in transactional processing to time and quality.
- Detailed knowledge of the principles of financial management and control, business planning, forecasting and costing of major operations and activities in a complex, labour intensive organisation.
- CCAB or CIMA qualified or part qualified
- Strong communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Experience of working under pressure to deliver against a range of issues and deadlines simultaneously
Assistant Finance Operations Manager Desirable Skills
- Oracle Accounting
- Knowledge and experience of CIPFA Code of Practice for Local Authority Accounting and ISAE 3402 standards
- Experience of Whole of Government Accounting returns production
- Police / public sector / large local authority sector experience
About the Company
SSCL is a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria who delivers a range of high quality shared services for our Government and Police clients, enabling them to operate more efficiently and more effectively. SSCL provide Finance & Accounting, HR & Payroll and Procurement as well as specialist client-specific services. SSCL has five UK Centres of Excellence and, by streamlining and modernising systems and processes in the back office, we are transforming the way these services are delivered - providing better value for our clients and better value for the UK taxpayer.