Quality Assurance Inspector
ALH Systems Ltd are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity for a Quality Assurance Inspector to work for a fast paced, rapidly growing and successful business based in Westbury, Wiltshire.
The role will be required to provide an efficient and high level of quality assurance of incoming goods and manufactured product in support of the Purchasing and Production Departments.
ALH Systems Ltd was formed in 1976 specifically to develop and market new products for the repair and maintenance of gas distribution networks. After four decades of growth ALH has found further success by diversifying into the telecommunications, electronics, and construction industries. With the backing of our global parent company, Indutrade AB, ALH Systems Ltd is entering the next stage of continued development and expansion.
Reporting to: Technical Controller
Location: Westbury, Wiltshire
Working Pattern: Full time, Permanent
This role has become available due to expansion and the need for an individual with the necessary skills and mindset to take ALH into the next stage of growth and meet the professional requirements of a world leading technology group.
The Quality Assurance Inspector will primarily:
- Inspect Mechanical Products against technical drawings, this involves: Good inwards inspection, Operation sign off checks, Internal manufactured parts, final assembled products check.
- Patrol checks of both Mechanical and Chemical work areas ensuring product is being manufactured to the works order (no chemical knowledge is required)
- Check and sign off of completed chemical products against works order
- Calibration of equipment: Internal calibration of measuring devices & updating and maintaining the calibration register.
- Completion of non-conformance notes and recording them on the company’s register
- Checking of goods out to ensure correct product is being dispatched.
Additional Duties may include:
- Carrying out Audits on the quality system (ISO 9001:2015) and environmental system (ISO 14001:2015)
- Carry out Health, Safety and Environmental walk around audits
- Visits to local suppliers to ensure Quality Assurance
- Occasional visits to other ALH sites (Sheffield/Stockton-on-Tees
Person Specification / Skill Requirements
- Mechanical quality assurance experience/qualifications
- Ability to read technical/engineering drawings
- Proficient in the use of measuring equipment
- Professional working manner
- Attention to detail
- Works well within a "Safety First" culture
- Ability to work as part of a team in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to manage/prioritise workload without constant supervision
- Use of computer software in particular MS Excel for recording non-conformances
- Audit experience and qualifications for ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Salary of £20-£25k depending on experience
- Healthcare Scheme
- 20 Days holiday increasing by one every year for every year of service, to a maximum of 25 days.
- Hours: Monday - Thursday 8.00am to 17.00pm with 30 mins for lunch. Friday 8.00am to 13.00pm.