A national provider of student accommodation is seeking a Maintenance Technician who is qualified Electrician for their site in London, Kings Cross.
The purpose of the role is to work as a member of a team providing both a planned and responsive maintenance service, specialising in electrical and mechanical repairs.
Your main areas of responsibilities will include:
- Carry out PPM in accordance with the schedule
- Carry out reactive maintenance in accordance with the Service Level Agreement and provide front line response for all electrical work
- Liaise with specialist sub-contractors
- Carry out statutory testing including PAT testing, fire alarm testing, fire door testing and others, as required
- Report any Health and Safety issues relating to the residences ensuring all information is passed to the relevant persons
- Assist colleagues in other trades and locations as and when the need arises
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- City and Guilds Part 1 and 2 and 17th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations or equivalent
- Must have been a registered Apprentice or undergone some equivalent method of training and have had practical training in electrical installation work.
- Must have obtained an Level 3 NVQ in Electro technical Services (Electrical Installation - Buildings & Structures) or the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical systems and equipment (buildings, structures and the environment) (or approved equivalent)
- Must have obtained at the Level 3 technical certificate relevant to the NVQ either as part of the NVQ Diploma or as a separate qualification (such as the City & Guilds 2360 Electrical Installation Theory and Practice Part 2 or Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology (or approved equivalent)).
- Have obtained at the Level 3 technical certificate relevant to the NVQ either as unit accreditation to the NVQ Diploma or as a separate qualification (such as the City & Guilds 2360 Electrical Installation Theory and Practice Part 2 or Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology (or approved equivalent)).
- Have obtained Achievement Measurement 2.
- C&G 2391 more recently 2394 & 5 would be preferential as this ensures competency for test and inspection
You would have also previously worked within a maintenance environment, have an understanding of the operational procedures and safe working practices of building services and systems and capable of working with minimum supervision.
In return, you will receive a basic salary of up to £32,000 p.a, along with a benefits package that includes; life assurance and contributory pension.
Please apply now for an immediate interview.