Mechanical Design Engineer - Plastics
Are you looking for Mechanical Design jobs in Aylesbury? Do you have plastic injection moulding experience? This could be the ideal job for you.
A market leader in the design and manufacture of specialist optical components are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer - Plastics to join their R&D team in Aylesbury.
The Mechanical Design Engineer - Plastics job will be to work as part of a team designing a wide range of novel plastic optical systems, ensuring products meet all necessary requirements.
Candidates will have an opportunity to become fully involved in the engineering process. Working with Optical Engineers they will be involved in designing optical components and their mechanical housings and related parts.
Key responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer - Plastics job:
- Working closely with customers and the rest of the development team to design products from concept ensuring they meet manufacturing, external and customer standards
- Design and development of components and assemblies, including calculations of clips, springs and assembly tolerances
- Strong understanding of Design For Manufacture with experience of high volume production
Key skills required for the Mechanical Design Engineer - Plastics job:
- Extensive experience of design for plastic injection mouldings/assemblies
- Competent in the use of a 3D CAD package
This is a great opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer - Plastics to join a global company who can offer career progression and personal development.