Senior Process Engineer Moulding Technology
A fantastic opportunity to work for a progressive medical technology company. Our client is among the world's leading suppliers of medical devices and a leading innovator in injection- and infusion-based drug delivery since 1906. Our client offers a warm and friendly working environment and embraces it's employees and their diversities.
The role is for a Senior Process Engineer based in the Swindon area, working within a permanent role offering a very competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
You will be responsible and accountable to manage, lead, support and deliver robust injection moulding solutions for manufacturing. This will include the definition, selection of the right technology, specification, purchase, installation and qualification of plastic injection moulding processing equipment in accordance with internal and external regulatory requirements. Your assignments will include management of multiple projects aligned with injection moulding processes applicable from new product development through to commercial launch. You will also be responsible and accountable to manage project activities within a moulding engineering team to meet specified project objectives / deliverables.
- Manage multiple project activities for plastic injection moulding and process development from concept phase through to pilot line and industrial manufacturing processes.
- Lead and facilitate technology selection, development, design / specification, purchase, installation and qualification of mould tools, moulding machines, ancillary equipment and service requirements for their installation.
- Management of moulding equipment and/or component suppliers for the project.
- Management of project activities in accordance to project schedule and budget.
- Identify and implement process improvements (efficiency, quality, cost effectiveness).
- Provide support for product costing and financial assessment of projects.
- Provide project progress reports on a regular basis for effective communication.
- Drive moulding projects from initiation though to completion.
- Ensure smooth transfer of project knowledge and technologies from engineering to production.
- Working closely with the project team to ensure required support is provided to meet project objectives.
- Fully document project activities and equipment qualification work in accordance with internal procedures.
- Own and manage project strategy, progress, risk, documentation and reports for designated assignments GMP and Regulatory Controls.
- Support and drive integration of new technologies in plastic injection moulding and process development for the site.
- Provide support for training / development of engineering resources.
- Demonstrate strong and clear accountability / responsibility for successful and timely completion of designated project deliverables.
- Ensure compliance with BD quality policies, cGMP, procedures, and practices through appropriate communication, training, and education of sound quality assurance principles.
- Ensure all activities, equipment and facilities comply with site cGMP, Health, Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
Additional information on competencies required
- Expertise in Plastic injection moulding technologies, mould tool designs and process development.
- Strong level of project management skills.
- Effective communication, presentation and documentation skills.
- Problem analysis, fault finding on injection mould tools and equipment.
- Design of Experiment for plastic injection moulding process development.
- Structured and controlled working practices with clear and accurate documentation, reporting and presentation skills.
- Good level of engineering, validation and process development knowledge.
- Good time management and ability to prioritise work.
- Risk analysis, HPRM / FMEA process.
- Knowledge of Statistical analysis / SPC system.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies.
- Knowledge of GMP and Regulatory requirements for medical industry.
- Ability to work within a Cleanroom environment.
- Good level of hands on engineering experience in plastic injection moulding within a medium to high volume manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of polymers and injection mould tool designs.
- Project management experience in similar environment.
Degree / HND qualified in engineering, preferably Mechanical, Polymer science or similar disciplines.
A relocation incentive and support could also be available if required, so please contact me for further details.
If you have the experience and skill set to match the requirements listed above, enjoy working in a collaborative and engaging culture and are driven by the challenge of assisting in developing innovative solutions for global issues, then we are very interested in speaking with you; so don't delay, please apply using the links provided.
Please be advised that due to the expected high volume of applicants we may be unable to reply to everyone individually.