Portfolio Manager - Retail Credit Risk
Job Title: Portfolio Manager - Retail Credit Risk
Salary c.£50,000 + bonus & benefits
The role of the Portfolio Manager is to own the credit performance of the product portfolio. This includes understanding the key drivers and behaviours of the portfolio and managing the portfolio risk to deliver business plans by maximizing profitability within acceptable delinquency targets and bad debt plans. The role will deliver credit strategies and make use of credit scorecards to develop business and analytical solutions. The role will also provide a central view on analytical forecasting, stress testing, monitoring and pricing for the portfolio.
- Lead, contribute to a small team of individuals to provide analytical and strategy support to credit function.
- Ensure completeness of analysis as required and document results and present findings to management.
- Provide professional consulting in bank wide initiatives which impact credit and risk
- Engage with Global Analytics, functions and business lines and other credit and risk teams
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
- Contribute to team development, effectiveness and success by sharing knowledge and good practice, working collaboratively with others to create a productive, diverse and supportive working environment.
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of unsecured lending products
- Experience working in relevant environments, i.e. Analytics and, or Portfolio Management is desirable but not essential
- Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. SAS is desirable but not essential
- Experience of supporting others' performance, enabling them to achieve by providing clear direction, motivation and support
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Experience of making prompt and practical business decision, even in times of ambiguity, considering various perspectives and taking responsibility for outcomes
- Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business, operating plans which consistently deliver desired results