This is an exciting opportunity for a New Product Development Technologist to join the Product Development department to support the businesses ongoing commitment to innovation in the food industry. You will be working as part of an exciting development pipeline within a dedicated and hardworking team.
Reporting to the Head of Development you will support the progression of customer concepts through the NPD process in order to launch high quality products for consumers. Once experienced, this role could develop into solely managing projects.
The right person has to come from the food industry, with a food science degree and a desire to make a difference. My client are a small business with 140 people and this role is extremely important.
- Develop new pasta and snack recipes in line with customers specifications
- Update existing pasta and snack recipes as required
- Lead or support new product ideas, ingredients, formulas, and processing that allow optimisation of costs and efficiency on existing formulas.
- Anticipate, investigate and resolve problems with raw materials during the development process.
- Provide the necessary detailed product information regarding pasta and snacks products to the Technical team so that specifications can be completed accurately.
- Submit development samples in time for internal and external customers
- To work in a cross functional manner with other departments, the sales, commercial, technical and operations teams in a proactive and reactive manner.
- Ensure all targets are met with regards to projects and timeframes which can be very demanding
- Assist the Process Technologist with the scale up trials in the factory
- Travelling to the Noriwch site to attend customer visits and meetings when required
- Keep all paperwork in good order including recording all trials and experimental data, order and sort raw materials for laboratory Pasta and Snacks extrusion trials
Education and Experience
Educated to a degree level in a food science discipline
A good understanding of the NPD process in a food based company
A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
Health and safety and food regulations and a good understanding of HACCP.
Experience of working to strict deadlines
A good all round education, together with good computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Full driving licence
An understanding of ISO 9001 would be an advantage but not essential
Knowledge of the pasta and/or snacks industry would be an advantage but is not essential
Excellent team player with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
A 'can do’ attitude with a strong desire to deliver against targets
Be organised with good analytical data skills.
The ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
Able to multi-task and prioritise under pressure
Salary and Benefits
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
Up to 3% pension
Free onsite parking
Christmas Holiday Period off