Senior Specialist Worker (Behavioural Specialist)
We are recruiting for a Positive Support Co-ordinator (PSC)/ Behaviour Specialist to work in a residential home for young adults with severe autism.
As Positive Support Co-ordinator (PSC)/ Behaviour Specialist, you will support the Registered Manager in all aspects of the development and implementation of the service users’ personalised support plan, including monitoring the quality of care and support, and ensuring that all legal and regulatory standards are met. All co-workers will show compassion, dignity, respect and warmth to the people we support and to their colleagues.
This role requires you to work outside of normal office hours, including early and late shifts, regular weekend work, on-calls.
This includes behaviour analysis, data analysis and presentation, writing and implementing behaviour support and care plans, and ensuring that person-centred positive support programmes are understood and implemented by all co-workers within the home.
This is very much a hands on role, working directly with staff teams and the service users to ensure that the people you support receive the best care and support to live life to their full potential.
- Degree in preferably Psychology, LD Nursing or Teaching of qualification in ABA plus evidence of practice.
- Strong experience in a learning disability or similar environment.
- Solid behaviour analysis skills.
- Understanding and experience of proactive, person-centred approaches to supporting adults with severe learning disabilities, ideally PROACT-SCIP-rUK®.
- Good influencing skills to ensure care and support plans are properly implemented by all co-workers in the home.
- Bespoke in-house training and support from highly trained specialism leaders will be provided.
- Promoting use of PROACT-SCIP-rUK®. to support people who present with severe challenging behaviours.
- Developing appropriate person-centred plans to support service user independence, and supporting co-workers in implementing these plans.
- Conducting behavioural analysis of all service users, including analysing and presenting data.
- Contributing to the writing of internal and external reviews.
- Supporting the home’s registered manager in the effective management of the home.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations and CQC guidelines.
- Working hands-on with service users to ensure best practice and support co-workers.
- In line with Company philosophy, Senior Specialist Workers are required to work "hands on" for approximately 50% of the time.
- Providing all other aspects of person-centred support for adults with severe learning disabilities and challenging behaviour, including personal care and medication.
£21,000 to £25,000 annual salary depending on skills and experience
7 weeks paid holiday
Matched contribution pension (4% of annual salary) Excellent Training and Development (mandatory + on-going professional qualifications/development Employee Assistance Programme Childcare Vouchers Shopping & Travel Savings
169 hours per month, on a fixed 3 week pattern
Successful applicants will need to pass an enhanced DBS