CFO / COO - High Tech Start Up - Energy Efficiency - Housing Associations & Built Environment
Job Title: CFO / COO
Reporting to: CEO
Term: Permanent, Full Time
Package: Salary + Performance Related Pay + Share Options Scheme
Location: SW London (Earlsfield)
Q-Bot is a rapidly expanding technology company based in SW London that has experienced high growth over the past three years. The company uses robotic tools and intelligent processes to deliver energy efficiency retrofits for social housing providers. The company is looking for an experienced Chief Financial / Operational Officer to strengthen their world class management team, take responsibility for financial and operational functions and work with the CEO to scale and grow the company.
- The provision of reliable management information, particularly financial to enable the business to function, plan and scale up, as well as reassure investors current and new.
- Negotiating and structuring deals in order to secure large roll-outs which may be part government and part private financed.
- Executing the operational strategy of the business, including putting in place good management practises and reporting on key metrics.
Duties of the job:
- To inspire and lead the finance function, including financial reporting, internal systems and controls to the provision of management information, compliance (UK IFRS) and responsibility for budgeting, book-keeping and audit.
- Ensure targets are met for the financial and operational KPIs of the company, including forecast and cash-flow, reporting to the CEO and to the Board.
- Help develop the financial strategy of the company, including fund-raising and M&A activity.
- Evaluate operational performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics. Put in place goals and KPIs to drive the operations team and income of the company.
- Manage relationships with customers, partners and other third parties.
- Working alongside the CEO, as a member of the executive team to fulfil other business functions as required, including HR, operations and legal.
- ACA (or equivalent) qualification along with ICAEW (or equivalent) membership / fellowship.
- Have a degree from a top UK university or equivalent, with excellent numeric/analytical skills.
- 5 years PQE experience as CFO or Head of Finance of a private company.
- Extensive experience with commercial and financial analysis, accounting, information systems, internal financial controls, revenue recognition and financing modelling.
- A proven track record of running a business, especially the management and execution of operational and financial aspects, preparing management information and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Knowledge of the built environment and construction industry.
- Experience of fundraising, preparing investment cases and working with investors.
- Existing relations within the investment and commercial banking communities.
- Previous experience and a track record in IPOs, mergers and acquisitions.
- Experience with statistics, all things data analysis, and heavy-duty Excel.
- Experience in a variety of work environments including start-ups, corporates, and within, or working with, government, local authorities or housing associations.
- Working knowledge of R&D tax credits and government grants.
Q-Bot is a high-tech start up at the forefront of robotics, sustainability and the built environment designing and building robots that help install insulation in existing homes at a fraction of the cost and disruption associated with traditional methods. The company counts a number of Local Authorities and Social Landlords among its customers (seach YouTube for Q-Bot and Camden Council).
The intelligent construction robots developed by Q-Bot have a number of benefits:
- They empower operators, making them more efficient and productive.
- They allow easier, cheaper, safer and more effective execution of tasks than traditionally possible.
- They create buildings that are energy efficient, cheaper to run and more comfortable.
The company has a highly innovative technology platform with many exciting applications, a creative approach to tackling climate change, combined with a strong social agenda, helping people in fuel poverty and working with our customers to ensure a positive impact within the local community. The company's offices are based in Earlsfield, Wandsworth (South West London). Q-Bot is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please applywith a covering letter and CV. Please note: no recruitment agents, thank you.