Sarbanes-Oxley Accountant required for a corporate global company based primarily in central Birmingham, but this role will require regular travel around Europe and the US. This is an opportunity for someone from a background in financial accounting and internal controls to join a global business in a progressive role.
As the Sarbanes-Oxley Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Regular travel to liaise with Divisional Controllers globally
- Liaising with the internal and external auditors
- Developing key performance analytics
- Leading the development of SOX testing and documentation
- Developing enhanced understanding of internal controls and applying this to maintain up-to-date SOX compliance standards
- Other ad hoc financial accounting and compliance duties as required
You will be from a financial accounting background and have previous experience in compliance or internal controls. Previous experience in Sarbanes-Oxley standards is not essential as this will be taught to you, but you must have previous experience in internal controls to demonstrate your ability to take this on - suitable examples include UK GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS.
Strong Excel skills are a must and you should also have excellent communication skills, as this role involves regular liaison with Divisional Controllers around Europe and the US. Academically, the ideal candidate will be educated to degree standard, further professional studies (e.g. ACCA/ACA) are advantageous but not essential.