Business Development Internship - £20K - Tech Start-Up - London
A London based tech start up providing local logistics as a service enabling retailers to offer same day or future date deliveries in one hour time slots, taking the pain out of managing deliveries for retailers by connecting them with local, freelance couriers. The app provides live tracking and state of the art security features to ensure ultimate peace of mind. Having already managed tens of thousands of deliveries, the company works with household name retailers and expanding into new sectors.
This is a 6 month internship paying £1,700 per month with the intention of converting to a permanent job paying £20,000 - £25,000.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the team as an inside sales rep and play a key role in the company achieving their customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives by generating leads for the sales team to follow up on. This will be achieved through daily outbound phone calls, sending email marketing campaigns, generating and qualifying leads.
Tasks you can expect to be responsible for include:
• Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.
• Understand customer needs and requirements, to translate these to the sales team.
• Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure.
• Close sales and achieve quarterly quotas.
• Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest.
• Maintain and expand your network of prospective clients.
• Perform online demos to prospective clients.
What are the ideal intern’s personality, skills and education?
• Educated to degree level.
• Prior inside sales or customer facing experience is preferred.
• Comfortable working towards targets.
• Strong phone presence and comfortable dialling a high volume of calls per day
• Prior experience working with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system such as SalesForce is preferred, otherwise someone who can learn how to use these things quickly.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and manage time effectively.
• Experience with mass email campaigns.
What are the perks of working for this company?
• Become one of the early employees of a fast growth, exciting start-up disrupting the logistics industry.
• Competitive salaries and ample career progression.
• Develop brilliant commercial work experience and knowledge by working in such a fast-paced business environment which offers hugely transferable skills.