A Traditional English Country Pub located in a village near St Ives is looking to recruit a Head Chef to lead their expanding kitchen team.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience at this level or keen to take the next step up on the career ladder.
They must be a team player with excellent communication skills, and have the ability to lead a small kitchen team while encouraging development and growth of the business as well as preparing and cooking meals using fresh produce ideally within a pub/restaurant environment.
• Using fresh seasonal ingredients from local suppliers where possible
• Menu planning, costing and budget control
• Dealing with suppliers and staff on a daily basis
• Be part of weekly management meetings
• Responsible for kitchen hygiene, cleaning & health and safety
• Supervising kitchen staff and maintaining a strong working relationship with front of house staff and management
Benefits include: Uniform allowance and meals on duty. Profit Share after 1 year's service.
Own transport is recommended due to the rural location.