PR and Media Executive
PR and Media Executive
Travel Industry Organisation
£23k - £26k + Benefits
Do you have experience of working with journalists and the media?
Do you have excellent knowledge of social media and website content analysis?
Are you looking for a new PR and Media role?
Then this could be the perfect role for you…..
An exciting opportunity is available as a PR and Media Executive within the Communications Team of a leading travel industry organisation.
The role of the PR and Media Executive will involve media relations - both reactive and proactive, campaigns support and crisis management as well as with Brand and Digital Communications Manager to develop and support the digital strategy for social media and the company website.
You will be required to use your knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics in order to analyse media coverage, social media presence and website analysis.
Key responsibilities in this interesting PR and Media Executive role will include:
- Supporting the press office by responding to enquiries and pitching stories to secure media coverage
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with journalists and maintaining media contact database
- Distributing media statements and press releases - helping to draft press releases when necessary
- Collating weekly reports on media coverage
- Coordinating media invitations and logistics for events
- Working with the Brand and Digital Comms Manager to devise and develop the company's social media strategy and SEO strategy for the company website
- Creating social media content to support the PR campaigns
- Managing Google Analytics account and producing reports
- Responsibility for producing bi-monthly communications activity Board report
Key skills, experience and attributes require for this role:
- Experience of working with journalists and the media
- Impeccable written skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge / experience of tools to analyse social media and website content including Google Analytics
- Strong IT skills ideally with knowledge of PowerPoint, Gorkana, CRM HootSuite and experience of using a website content management system
- Experience of contributing to social media development
- Ability to communicate at all levels and to adapt style to both consumer and trade audiences
- Confident telephone manner
- Excellent organiser with a 'can do' attitude, ability to work under own initiative in a fast paced environment
- Interest in the travel and tourism industry
If this role sounds like the position you've been looking for and you have the necessary skills required, then we'd like to hear from you! Please submit your CV in Word format (not PDF) as soon as possible for the attention of Sarah Ross, quoting 'PR and Media Executive'
Thank you for reading this Pr and Media Executive job advertisement. Please only apply for this position if you meet the required skills and experience criteria and your CV is free from errors.
We have a fair and comprehensive selection procedure based on the requirements of our clients. We regret that if you have not been contacted within two working days that your application for this position has been unsuccessful. However, please check your junk email folder to ensure that your spam filter hasn't blocked an email from us. We receive many CVs a day and are unable to enter into telephone conversations until we have completed our initial selection procedure.
If you are already registered with Carousel Consultancy, please contact your Consultant directly to discuss any vacancies you see advertised. You do not need to reapply.
To help you in your job search, please visit our website which has useful advice including specimen CVs, interview tips and how to help you in your search for the perfect role.