Senior Bookkeeper (Uckfield)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, friendly Bookkeeping team in a top 50 firm with a diverse client base - ranging from small, owner managed businesses to large corporations using both cloud and traditional software. Based in our lovely Uckfield office, you will also be attending our clients' premises.
JOB TITLE: Senior Bookkeeper (Uckfield)
REPORTING TO: Bookkeeping Manager
- Input and review data
- Review and maintain sales, purchase and general ledgers
- Post and review month end journals
- Adhere to proper accounting standards
- Meet deadlines and time budgets
- Advise managers of any outstanding issues
- Complete and review VAT returns
- Maintain a full and accurate audit trail by filing and referencing documents
- Liaise with other departments such as Payroll
- Travel to and work from client sites
- Prepare and review management accounts from information and documentation received from clients, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met
- Complete each assignment before passing to the manager for review.
- Develop and maintain good client relations
- Liaise with clients directly or through relevant manager to resolve queries or obtain further information
- Ensure a high level of service to meet client’s expectations
- Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded
- Training and supporting more junior members of staff and clients.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Previous proven book-keeping experience in an office environment
- Numerate and analytical with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Evidence of being a proactive, self-starter who can manage changing priorities in a demanding environment
- Intermediate/advanced Excel, Xero, Sage 50
- Car owner with clean driving licence
- Extensive knowledge of VAT
This is a highly deadline-based role so, at times, flexibility on hours in peak times will be required.
Before applying, please visit our website www.sgllp.co.uk. Your supporting statement must show how your skills and experience meet the criteria of the role. Any applications made without a supporting statement will automatically be rejected.