Finance Manager Practice
Our Client now offers a great opportunity to join their well established, and growing Accountancy Practice.
As part of the management team, you will be responsible for providing a professional accountancy service to Limited Companies, Partnerships, and Sole Traders. Manage corporate finance assignments (both advisory and transaction support) and provide strategic advice on transactions.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and reporting to the main board
- Responsibilities for all journals and final GL balances including review of month end balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the company's accounting records and financial data
- Maintain regular and effective contact with clients, parties to transactions and their advisers * Identify client needs in order to ensure assist delivery of clients' expectations
- Contribute to the budget setting process
- Review of performance against budgets and LFL's
- Effectively manage, motivate and develop the finance team
- Supervise & review performance of individuals within the team
- Ad hoc project based work, including process improvements & integrating acquisitions
- You will be assisting in the structuring of transactions and to be aware of the commercial financial, and technical aspects of different deal structures.
- You will also be required to review and comment on documentation and legal agreements relevant to a transaction.
- You will be at ease commenting on and advising on strategic and commercial issues relevant to a client's business or to a transaction.
- You will be managing a portfolio of projects, including delivering and financial monitoring
- Identify specialist requirements (tax, VAT etc) in a transaction.
The skills you will need:
- A minimum of 2-3 years post qualified ACCA / ACA
- Proven experience in a Corporate Finance focused role and ambitious to develop your career.
- Financial forecasting skills
- Self-motivated with a desire to progress.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to manage a varied portfolio of owner managed businesses in respect of audit, accountancy, taxation & business advice.
- Must have Experience of working with clients within a busy accountancy practice.
- Have a strong problem-solving ability & able to deliver a high quality, accurate accountancy service to clients whilst being capable of meeting strict deadlines.
- Possess strong communication skills both verbal and written.