Senior Quantity Surveyor - Rhyl
Clear Sky Recruitment is currently recruiting for an Senior Quantity Surveyor for our accomplished, forward thinking client who have offices all over the UK.
Our client's portfolio of developments range from purpose-built cluster flats and studios, to refurbishment projects and mixed-use schemes. Although this key client of Clear Sky's is expanding, they don't forget their traditional values. This company has a known reputation for craftsmanship and for being highly committed to their employees, who they see as the key to their continued growth and success.
Due to expanding workload they are now seeking to appoint an Senior Quantity Surveyor for the Homes Division.
Your duties will be wide and varied, but will include the following:
- Prepare monthly cost reports and management reports forecasting accurately from commencement to completion of the project on financial and progress issues on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Procurement is generally undertaken by the Procurement Department, however the QS are to confirm the budgets and review the contents of the subcontractor orders.
- Advise the Commercial Director of any potential disputes arising between the division and the Subcontractors.
- Respond to all subcontractors correspondence where required.
- Take ownership of your project with the relevant contracts manager for both progress and commercial matters.
- Ensure continuous communication with other team members to review contract progress and address immediately associated issues.
- Attending site weekly (or as required) to review issues including providing solutions and advice to ensure successful project completion.
- Ensuring the workforce employed on site are treated fairly and communication is filtered through to them.
- Ensure that payment applications for subcontractors are paid in accordance with the conditions agreed and provide accordingly any supporting information relevant to their claim.
- Properly advise the client of variations and forecasting of the account including advising them of progress and delays and supporting this with relevant document correspondence.
- Identify training needs of team members and liaise with Training Manager
- Ensure best value and quality for the division.
- Be proactive in promoting company for future projects.
- Delegate tasks to QS / Assistant and Trainee.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- NVQ Level 4, HND, Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of Contract Law
- Strong time management and assertiveness
- Health & Safety awareness
Experience in residential, apartment schemes, city centre developments is desirable
In return, you will be eligible for the following benefits;
- This role is offering a competitive salary plus benefits dependent on experience
- 25 days holiday
- Company Pension Scheme
- Medicash Medical Cash Plan Scheme
- Company Car/Car Allowance
- 6 month probation period
- Early finish Fridays
Your hours of work will be Monday - Thursday, 8am - 5pm and 8am - 3.30pm on a Friday.
To apply for this role, please send your CV or call Emily at our Caerphilly branch.