Regulatory Paralegal- Dispute resolution
The Practice is independently rated by The Legal 500 and Chambers Directory as the leading provider of legal services to the health and social care sector and in the field of professional discipline.
In June 2013 the firm also acquired a highly rated social housing practice, creating a firm with over 280 fee earners across 4 offices in London, Birmingham, Leeds and Winchester.
The firm acts for over 200 clients, including all forms of NHS provider and commissioner organisations, the Department of Health, the NHSLA, regulatory bodies, charities, independent healthcare providers, housing associations, medical malpractice insurers and defence organisations.
The Regulatory Team comprises over 20 fee earners and acts for regulatory bodies, investigating and prosecuting fitness to practise and professional discipline cases, and handling appeals and strategic issues for them.
The Role Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Regulatory Team is looking to recruit two Paralegals on a permanent basis to assist on regulatory casework for healthcare and legal regulatory bodies.
The main roles and responsibilities will include (although this is not an exhaustive list):
- Supporting fee earners in aspects of their casework;
- Working to an annual chargeable hours target;
- Witness liaison;
- Preparing witness statements;
- Instructing experts;
- Putting together trial bundles;
- Attending conferences with counsel/experts/clients;
- Attending hearings before statutory committees (not advocacy);
- and Any other duties as reasonably requested.
This is an excellent opportunity for somebody who wants to take on more responsibilities and have a varied caseload in a fast paced but support environment.
Paralegals are expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative and have a responsive and proactive approach to the work.
Candidates should have:
- an LPC or BVC qualification;
- current/recent experience of working within the regulatory area/for regulators;
- good drafting skills;
- good communication skills; good administration skills;
- and good IT skills. Candidates will however be expected to demonstrate at interview that they:
- are well organised;
- have good attention to detail;
- are able to work well under pressure; are proactive; and are self-motivated.
Candidates should be available to start immediately, or as soon as possible.
Location: Winchester Salary 17,000.00 - £18,000.00 Per Annum