Project Manager Service Charges
Metropolitan are a team of more than 1,300 colleagues working to provide affordable housing, care and support and community regeneration services.
At Metropolitan we have been very busy and successful in securing the opportunity to provide services to YOUR local community and we are on the hunt for some fresh talent to join hour team and be instrumental in our success.
We are looking for a highly experienced Project Manager to join our team on a 12-month fixed-term contract. Working 37.5 hours a week, you will responsible for the design and delivery of service improvement and business related change projects. You will work with functional representatives and senior stakeholders to deliver projects effectively within defined improvement programmes and corporate plans.
As our Project manager you will be managing a team of three, and will oversee the implementation of IT systems. You will be responsible for the planning and budget for such implementations and will be expected to build and maintain excellent relationships with external stakeholders.
Experience within Finance is essential, as you must be able to demonstrate strong communication with stakeholders and the project board.
About the role:
- Plan and manage relevant communications with stakeholders through appropriate communication channels to suit the audience
- Complete options appraisals, cost-benefit analysis and business cases to provide recommendations in line with project deliverables
- Identify business benefits, confirm the baseline measurements and confirm delivery against expected deliverables
- Monitor and record lessons learnt
- Produce and maintain a Project Initiation Document to ensure adequate governance is established for the next phases of the project
- Plan and manage the project to deliver the project deliverables on time, scope and quality criteria and maintain a record of decisions and change management items
- Track and monitor project status against the plan to ensure project control.
- Report to the monthly Project Board on progress and project RAIDD is up to date and actioned
- Work with stakeholders to obtain approval / agreement to changes in service charge systems and process
- Guide and support the systems lead in acquiring and implementing a new service charge system on time and to scope and quality criteria
- Identify, manage and report on risks and issues
- Communicate with the wider user community on progress and the benefits of the project to ensure positive buy in
- Ensure project documentation as specified in the Metropolitan frame work is complete and maintained throughout the delivery of the project
What we`re looking for from you:
- Experience of managing large corporate projects (with Prince 2 Practitioner or an equivalent project management qualification)
-Experience of managing system implementation projects (eg ERP or equivalent corporate systems)
- Experience of leading corporate change and process improvement projects to deliver changes in working practices and processes
- Finance experience, as a minimum a good understanding of accounting systems
-Proven senior stakeholder management and communication skills
- Flexibility to travel to other Metropolitan offices and locations to attend meetings
- Strong analytical and data management skills
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Well-being Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 25 days holiday, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!
Should this role be of interest please submit your CV via the apply link including a supporting statement indicating why you believe you would be a suitable candidate for this position.