Job title- Technical Consultant
Location - Milton Keynes
Salary- £43k per annum
Full time + Permanent
My client is currently recruiting for a Technical Consultant who will provide support and advice to their customers throughout the UK, by assisting them in their plant design, and supporting the local sales teams in the sales process with a product and technical expertise. The Technical Consultant is also in charge of product and technology training internally and externally.
This position will be within their sales and service subsidiary in Milton Keynes, therefore living within a commutable distance daily to Milton Keynes is necessary.
- Provides high-level technical support to their customers and their distribution network with a primary focus on commercial and residential applications.
- Technical contact for the local sales departments
- Support sales & marketing teams in activities such as product launch, roadshows, product positioning, expert talks…
- Performs in-house and external training courses for customers and employees as well as on-site at the customers.
- Develop training material content
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or educational training in electrical engineering along with several years of work experience in an electro technical environment
- Has at least three years of working experience as a presales engineer or equivalent role
- Ideally has sound knowledge of the UK electricity market and photovoltaics (PV)
- Experienced in configuring plants is a definite plus
- Has a strong sales and customer focus, good people skills and is a highly motivated self-starter
- Has an excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly PowerPoint & Excel
- Fluency in English language (written and oral) is a must, German/French/Dutch is a plus
- Willing to travel throughout the UK, and more occasionally in West European countries
- Flexibility, dynamism and ability to juggle diverse roles simultaneously is key for this exciting new role.
Training: Up to 2 weeks in our headquarters Germany
The Group has sales of €1 billion and is the global market leader within their industry and offers innovative key technologies for future power supply structures.
Their Head Office is in Germany, and their brand is represented in 20 countries, 3000 people worldwide.