Catering & Retail Assistant x 4
Here at the National Trust you’ll be joining us at a really exciting time. We’re giving our cafés and shop a makeover, opening in April with a brand new look and a live bakery in Heelis, our central offices. We want our commercial spaces to showcase the work we do as an organisation and you’d have a big part to play in that, providing brilliant customer service in a fresh new space. Sounds exciting, right? If you want to be apart of this and feel like you have the right attitude, we'd love to hear from you.
What it's like to work here
We provide the best possible working environment for you throughout the building whilst also promoting and fostering a sociable Heelis Community. Do great things for us and we’ll do great things for you and your career.
Heelis is the Central Office for the National Trust; it was named after one of the Trust’s biggest benefactors Mrs William Heelis, There are approximately 500 staff from across the Trust’s directorates, including the Executive team and the Director General, are based here.
Heelis was designed to be highly sustainable and has won a number of nationally recognised awards.Designed by Feilden Clegg Bradley Architects in 2005, this architectural gem uses timber from our woodlands and wool from Herdwick sheep grazed on Trust farmlands, to help make Heelis a unique working environment.
What you'll be doing
With your love of working with people and desire to provide an excellent service, you’ll work across both our catering and retail operations to make sure all visitors have an outstanding customer experience. You’ll acknowledge, welcome and engage every visitor, offering them help and advice with their purchases and look for ways to go the extra mile to make their experience memorable.
As a key member of our catering and retail team, you’ll ensure that all stock is available, displayed in a pleasing way, is correctly priced and available for purchase. You’ll look to maximise the profit and sales generated at our special places by ensuring that every opportunity is taken to increase our sales and average customer spend, whilst informing customers of the amazing work we are doing and what their money is funding.
Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just 'good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us
You'll need to;
- Have fantastic customer service skills
- Have clear communication skills
- Can easily identify with customer needs
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Have some cash handling experience
- Have a good eye for detail
- Have a can do attitude and willingness to learn
£4,680 pa, fixed term contract untill 30/9/2017, 12 hours pw.
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking