Orka Financial is currently working with a successful, growing organisation based in Reading that is looking to recruit a Finance Manager to join the team. The role reports into the Finance Director and has 2 reports. The role purpose is to business partner with IT, providing commercial insight on the IT cost base and ways of optimising drivers of costs. You will also business partner with the Finance Director with regards to group cost accounting.
- Financial Control of IT and Group Cost centres, making sure costs are monitored throughout and in line with group governance
- Production of consistent, accurate, timely and insightful management and statutory financial reporting for Group Costs and IT
- Preparation and review of forecasts, budgets, and medium-term plans, ensuring these are subject to appropriate challenge and analysis
- Analysis of IT and Group Costs performance against forecasts, budgets, and medium-term plans
- Preparation of capitalisation and depreciation papers for regular review
- Business case and commercial support for project investments and performance of postimplementation reviews
- Responsibility for Group Costs and IT cash forecasting, overseeing purchase ledger, VAT returns and bank account reconciliations
This role requires a qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with post qualification experience. A flexible team player, capable of both working independently and collaborating with others and multi-tasking and prioritisation skills are necessities. This role requires attention to detail and strict adherence to deadlines. You will have the ability to liaise confidently at all levels and be able to present to senior management. Proven management/leadership experience is also desirable.