Assistant Manager Qualified Global Expansion Company
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and talented individual to join my clients growing International Financial Outsourcing department as an Assistant Manager.
The client I am working with are looking for a fully qualified Accountant with a strong practice background, to provide direct supervision to the team, alongside reviewing monthly management accounts.
The successful candidate will be assigned their own portfolio of clients and will be working with senior members of staff, providing assistance when needed in a fast-paced environment where good communication skills are essential.
This will be a very varied role. The chosen candidate will be forward thinking with the ability and dynamism to identify and suggest process improvements, allowing the department to efficiently meet their growing demands.Key responsibilities will include:
- Full review of management accounts, reports and VAT returns, ensuring technical accuracy and any anomalies investigated and resolved
- Control of a portfolio of clients, ensuring all client reporting and payment deadlines are met, WIP and recoverability levels are maintained to acceptable standards and special bills are agreed and promptly raised for any out of contract work.
- Managing the onboarding of new client accounts from an accounting and administrative perspective
- Assisting the Management team in the day to day running of the team
- Supervision of team members, ensuring they are completing their work accurately, providing guidance where necessary
- Dealing with technical queries from clients
- The review of online BACs payment submissions
- Assisting in researching new accounting initiatives for efficiency purposes e.g. Cloud based products
- Assistance with contract reviews and fee negotiations
As a member of the International Financial Outsourcing team, you will be provided with the opportunity to build strong relations with clients. Advanced development is encouraged and will be rewardEd with the assignment of additional responsibilities, enabling you to advance to the next level of your career.
- You must be an ACA / ACCA qualified accountant with post qualification experience
- Experience of working in an Outsourcing team within practice, looking after a portfolio of clients
- You must have strong experience of reviewing monthly management accounts prepared by junior team members
- Experience of supervising staff
- Be completely conversant with Xero accounting software; NetSuite experience would also be preferable, although not essential
- Strong IT skills and excellent knowledge of excel
- Accuracy and good attention to detail
- Good VAT knowledge
- Ability to manage own tasks, good time management and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and confidence when dealing with clients
- The candidate must be self-disciplined, organised, proactive, able to make and justify own decision