Senior Sous Chef
Job title: Senior sous chef
Shifts/hours: 48 hours per week
Pay rate: £30k +
Starting date: April
Position: Reporting to the Head Chef, the Senior Sous Chef demonstrates and helps maintain high standards that consistently exceed the expectations of guestsJob Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience required in restaurants
- Professional, friendly, and punctual.
- Full time flexible hours are required (able to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays).
- Proficient in computer skills including POS systems, Word and Excel
- Able to work at a rapid pace while maintaining attention to detail; ability to multi-task
- Good supervisory skills.
- Efficient communication with cooks and front of house
- Skilled in time management.
- Teaching and motivational skills
- Able to tolerate pressure and work calmly and efficiently during busy times
- Possess the highest work ethics, personal morals and honesty beyond reproach
- Be in control and aware at all times of food costs percentages
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and aim to achieve the budgeted gross profit
- Assist with the management of the department's payroll, staff rotation and the kitchen
- Provide training and development for department staff in kitchen procedures
- Provide and record a program of basic training for all new members of staff and to communicate performance and development issues on a regular basis.
- Ensure the kitchen is run in the same professional manner when the Head Chef is not on duty.
- Ensure effective daily communication with relevant departments.
- Liaise with the Head Chef and implement new menus
- Ensure all statutory regulations are adhered to, and to ensure that all employees are trained to uphold the conditions of the food hygiene policies