Finance Officer - Payroll & Treasury (Temporary Maternity Cover)
Liverpool City Region Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) was created in 2012 to bring together businesses and civic leaders to drive private sector led growth and job creation. It covers the local authority areas of Liverpool, Halton, Knowsley, St. Helens, Wirral and Sefton.
Operating as a not for profit organisation, the LEP is funded from membership subscritions and EU and UK Government grant funding. To cover maternity leave until February 2018, the organisation now has an immediate requirement for a payroll and treasury officer to cover:
- the administration and reporting of the company's outsourced payroll in accordance with UK legislation and grant funding rules;
- administration of the company's bank accounts including regular reconciliations and cashflow reporting;
- the submission of the monthly VAT return to HMRC
The succesful applicant will:
- be an experienced user of MS excel and accounting software (ideally Iris Exchequer)
- have had experience in running a payroll for a SME
- have worked in a financial environment and be familiar with accounting transactions and reconciliations.
The role is for 3 days a week and 7.5 hours per day.