CRM Manager / Senior Executive
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at the UK’s leading kid’s arts & craft online / catalogue retailer in Essex. We are looking for an experienced CRM Manager / Senior Executive with a track record of hitting financial targets with a deep understanding of customer segmentation. The CRM Manager / Senior Executive will be responsible for driving a profitable and evolutionary online and offline CRM strategy, which will be delivered through insight-led segmentation, data driven campaign planning, robust testing plans and results analysis.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Email Open / Click Through Rate
- Remarketing ROI
- Catalogue ROI / Response Rates
- B2B and B2C Customer Retention Rates
The key purpose of the role is to effectively communicate to customers to improve retention and loyalty. The individual will be expected to continually improve marketing performance in terms of conversion, engagement, increased revenue, customer retention and best practice.
A) Customer Data / Segmentation
- Deciding on the CRM platform structure and architecture ensuring it works seamlessly across the organisation and captures all required information at key points in the customer life cycle.
- Segmenting the data and devise effective customer communication strategy
- Customer Journey Mapping analysing touch points with the organisation and maximising commercial opportunities.
- Developing testing strategies for all aspects of the CRM to ensure the most effective approach for the company and its products.
- Monitor and maximise customer lifetime value strategies using the most effective channel (print, email, SMS, remarketing, web) ensuring maximum profitability.
- Database targeting, testing, segmentation and response analysis
- Aid and help drive the development of a world class, personalised CRM function.
B) Direct Marketing - Catalogues
- Project manage catalogue activity from print through to delivery
- Liaise with the mailing houses, order the print quantities
- Plan and implement the catalogue campaigns budget
C) Remarketing and Website Personalisation
- Utilise customer data to produce effective personalise on and offsite messaging to encourage repeat purchases and loyalty
- Segment the data, develop campaigns, produce banners and launch the campaigns
D) Email & SMS Text
- Write and edit high quality and engaging email copy
- Manage the production and writing of weekly emails - newsletters & trigger emails, analyse open rates and CTR's to measure success and inform future activity
- Utilise SMS Text messaging when and where appropriate
- 5+ years of working in direct or online marketing environment
- 3+ years of working in CRM role, ideally in the retail industry
- Deep understanding of direct marketing and segmentation
- Commercial focus with an analytical mind-set.
- Strong background in developing re-engagement and retention strategies.
- Experience of database targeting, segmentation, testing and response analysis
- Successful track record to recruit and retain customers and building excellent customer relationships
- Ability to manage marketing budgets effectively
- Implementing business strategies with creativity and always meeting deadlines
- Great spoken and written communication skills
- Confidence with Google Analytics, remarketing, personalisation, content scheduling & email marketing platforms
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Access
The successful candidate may be asked to help with any other online marketing activities as and when required.
Baker Ross Limited (www.bakerross.co.uk) is a market leader in designing and selling a range of children’s arts & crafts product and party bag fillers online. We sell our own branded merchandise on our own websites and on marketplaces globally. The role is based in Harlow, Essex, which is on the Stansted Express Line and has regular fast train services.